sábado, novembro 10, 2007

Pedaços de sentimentos...

(...)“Run around!” commanded Charlotte. “I want to see you in action, to see if you are radiant.”
Wilbur raced to the end of his yard.
“Now back again, faster!” said Charlotte.
(...) “Jump into the air!” cried Charlotte.
Wilbur jumped as high as he could.
(...) “O.K., Wilbur”, said Charlotte. “You go back to sleep.”
(...)"Actually,” said Wilbur, “I feel radiant.”
“Do you?” said Charlotte, looking at him with affection. “Well, you’re a good little pig, and radiant you shall be. I’m in this thing pretty deep now – I might as well go the limit.”
(...)"Sing something!” begged Wilbur, closing his eyes.
So Charlotte sang a lullaby, while crickets chirped in the grass and the barn grew dark. This was the song she sang.

“Sleep, sleep, my love, my only,
Deep, deep, in the dung and the dark;
Be not afraid and be not lonely!
This is the hour when frogs and thrushes
Praise the world from the woods and the rushes.
Rest from care, my one and only,
Deep in the dung and the dark!”


in Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White

eXTReMe Tracker